Denver, CO (23 November 2012): DISC Archiving Systems (“DISC”), market leader in professional data archiving, and QStar Technologies, a global provider of enterprise-class archive and data management software, announce the software support of QStar Archive Manager for the new DISC ArXtor Series.
QStar Archive Manager software creates an Active Archive by virtualizing the DISC ArXtor Appliance, presenting the archive as a network share using industry standard CIFS or NFS protocols. A robust retention management feature is provided by QStar Archive Manager, ensuring that valuable archived data is managed and protected efficiently. The solution also offers several disaster protection strategies: QStar’s media copy feature automatically creates a duplicate copy of selected archive volumes which can be removed from the DISC ArXtor Appliance for transport to a remote location. More advanced alternatives are optional mirroring or replication, to other on-site or off-site ArXtor Appliances.
“QStar now uniquely supports the whole range of DISC ArXtor Libraries and features across all QStar’s supported operating systems; Windows, Linux, UNIX and Mac and can be purchased with the software already installed in the ArXtor Appliance. ” said Dave Thomson, senior vice-president sales and marketing, QStar Technologies. “BDXL technology can more than double the capacity of existing Blu-ray media (BD), yet continues to offer read and write backward compatibility to even the oldest 120mm technology of CD or DVD. The ability to read and write media manufactured 20 years ago is unique in the storage industry”.
Read complete Press Release>>>
More information on QStar Archive Manager Software>>>
25-30 November: Chicago, USA
RSNA 2012 Annual Meeting; The world’s premier forum for medical imaging products and services.
DISC ArXtor Appliance & QStar Archive Manager for Healthcare
Data-intensive picture archiving and communication systems (PACS) and electronic medical records continue to increase data storage requirements for the healthcare industry. Patient data retention periods can vary from seven years, to the life of the patient or beyond, due to ongoing litigation.
It is important that this valuable data be stored on the most secure long-term, cost effective technology for image preservation. This solution combines QStar Archive Manager software with the DISC ArXtor network-attached Blu-ray archival storage Appliance to provide hospitals, imaging centers and clinics with a secure active archive solution that ensures radiologists and other healthcare professionals have access to the patient data they need to provide quality patient care.
- Seamless integration with any PACS/HIS application server using industry standard CIFS/NFS protocols as a standard network share, providing access to all archived data
- Secure Long-Term Data Management and Preservation – online and offline
- Automated retention management, which prevents files from being altered or deleted, to meet internal governance or compliance requirements
- Standard Media copy feature or optional mirroring and replication for disaster protection
- Leading-edge Appliance solution for near-line and off-line archiving
- Providing virtual tape library support and archival storage file system
- Green storage technology with the lowest power consumption available
- Long-term 50+ year Blu-ray Disc media life with true WORM support
- DISC SmartPack removable media technology offers infinite off-line media storage
- Certified by Major PACS/Solution Vendors
- Installation & Support Available Worldwide